With spring slowly moving into summer, I decided to update my skincare routine to focus more on a healthy glowing complexion and embrace the radiance of these sunny days. As you will see, the star product of this new routine is Hylamide Glow Radiance Booster by Deciem, which works as a very discreet gradual tanner that adds a mild honey brightness to the skin. Inspired by A Model Recommends and taking advantage of the 50% discount at Boots, I’m happy to say that Hylamide Glow has become my favourite product at the moment. In fact, after only two weeks of consistent use (with occasional breaks for the retinol treatment), this serum, together with the current routine, has completely changed the look of my skin! Not only do I not need foundation anymore, but I’ve also given up using BB cream most of the days, which is probably the best condition that my skin has experienced in years!
The Glow Standard: Morning Routine
The more glowing my skincare is in the morning, the less I need to bother with corrective makeup so my focus is to enhance the effect of Hylamide. Although I normally avoid foaming cleansers, I’ve been testing the Nip + Fab Glycolic Cleansing Fix, which feels very refreshing on hot mornings and leaves my skin clean, yet not dry or tight at all. After the cleanse, I follow with:
- First step – Mask: Sanctuary Spa Radiance 1 Minute Flash Facial. I normally don’t have too much time for elaborate masks and treatments in the morning, especially after the gym, but the Sanctuary Spa mask has proven to be a great addition that really clarifies the skin in just one minute thanks to the vitamin C, which you activate by massaging the skin with the wet fingers.
- Second step – Toning: Missha Near Skin Simple Therapy Mist Toner. This is a very basic formula with only a few ingredients that absorbs quickly for a moisture boost and leaves no irritation behind.
- Third step – Serum: Hylamide Glow Radiance Booster by Deciem. I apply a few drops on the face and neck, blending in on the décolleté. It quickly dries on the skin, making it quite easy to incorporate in the routine even on busier mornings.
- Fourth step – Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting. I believe in the power of antioxidants so I tend to combine this serum with SPF every morning to help prevent any environmental damage, especially sun spots that might dull the glow I’m trying so hard to build. So far, I really like this Caudalie serum, I’m half way through the bottle and considering re-buying.
- Fifth step – Moisturiser: This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up (when followed with a BB Cream with SPF) or Dr. Med. Christine Schrammek Daily Hydra Maximum SPF 20. I received This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up in the March Glossybox and I’ve been trying to find a use for it ever since. I mainly use it before applying base make-up, and on the very good days when my skin doesn’t need any coverage (apart from dark circles around the eyes), I replace it with the Schrammek moisturiser to add some SPF.
The Glow Job: Evening Routine
While the morning routine is meant to establish the glow standard, it’s the evening care that does the true glow job. My double cleanse consists of a massage with my new favourite balm, Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, removed with a hot cloth and rinsed off with the Nip + Fab Glycolic Cleansing Fix. And then these:
- First step – Scrub & Prep Mask: Evolve Organic Beauty Radiant Glow Mask. Have I ever mentioned how much I love chocolate? This product is the equivalent of a well deserved dessert for the skin (and the senses), which I use 1-2 times per week to mechanically exfoliate any roughness. I leave it on for up to 10-15 minutes.
- Second step – Mask: Herbivore Brighten Instant Glow Mask. This mask, enriched with pineapple and papaya enzymes and Brazilian white tourmaline gemstone, helps to gently exfoliate and clarify the skin in just 20-30 minutes.
- Third step – Acid Exfoliation: NeoStrata Smooth Surface Daily Peel Pads. I think nothing compares to acids when it comes to achieve a healthy glow, and this combination of AHAs and BHAs works brilliantly to boost skin’s renewal and increase clarity. Read my full review here.
- Fourth step – Benton Honest TT Mist. My newest Korean skincare boost is a refreshing, tea tree water-based light mist that helps to hydrate the skin and prepare it for the serums.
- Fifth step – Serum: Hylamide Glow Radiance Booster by Deciem. This serum works best when applied twice a day, which helps create that honey-like complexion for the morning glow.
- Sixth step – Serum: Douglas Aqua Focus Intensive Serum. I only discovered this moisturising serum about a month ago, but it quickly became a staple in my routine when my skin experiences dryness (specially after retinol nights). It has a metal roll-on applicator that I use for massage and to help the formula sink into the skin quicker.
- Seventh step – Moisturiser: Lea Nature So’Bio Etic Revealing Overnight Mask. I like to apply this overnight mask just before going to bed, as I really enjoy the calming floral smell and the jelly light texture. The addition of hyaluronic acid helps to hydrate and plump the skin, leaving it smoother and more even.
Do you have any radiance-boosting skincare tricks that you like to include in your routines?
3 Comments Add yours
I love caudalie products specially the vinoperfect, it brightens my skin like no other. great post!
LikeLiked by 1 person